As you may have noticed, earlier today we put out some changes to the site. Rather than forcing you to scour the site looking for bits which might have changed, we thought we’d compile a short list for you.
Here are the main changes we’ve made, along with handy pictures/descriptive text/help etc. where it might be necessary:
- You can now see the status of your project while in any of the project setup pages.
- There are now “required” markers on fields that are required for your game to be released on IndieCity.
- The Platforms / Installers page has seen a major overhaul, splitting out the upload process into more intuitive chunks.
- The release checklist items now link to the relevant sections, so you can quickly fill in incomplete entries.
- We’ve also added a few RSS feeds for projects on IndieCity, so you can keep up with new releases that way if you’d like. There are separate feeds per platform, and for finished/in progress games, so you can mix and match what information you get!
We’ve obviously tested all the new bits as much as we can, but if you do come across any problems (or have any further suggestions for improvement) please let us know here, on the forum, or via email.
Edited to add
Whoops, I totally forgot another major change we put into the site! We added platform logos on game pages and game tiles (on the browse page) so you can see for which platforms there is a demo or full game.
We also put little spanner (wrench) icons to the versions of games which are marked as “in progress”, and allowed you to view both finished and in progress games together (using the drop-down menu at the top of the browse games page).
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Visit the Store!
If you are a developer, we'd love to help you make the most from your games by releasing them on IndieCity!Some of the key features for developers are:
- Revenue share you get 75% standard, or 85% if you integrate with our achievements
- Your own domain get <developername>.indiecity.com as your public facing homepage
- Customisable developer pages giving you control over your presence on IndieCity
- Pricing you have complete control over the price you sell your product for
- Apps share useful tools you've created with the developer community
- Download client users can opt-in to have the download client automatically download demos that have been recommended to them, so they can spend less time looking for your game and more time playing!
If you'd like your game to be on our Store then please sign up at !