Embedded Game Boxes and IndieCity Linux
Time for a quick update from us!
The eagle-eyed among you may have notice we added embeddable widgets quietly in one of our recent builds, we wanted to give them a thorough kicking on the live site before we announced them.
When you go to a game page you’ll see a “Promote This Game” section underneath the buy button. This will generate a neat embeddable HTML code for a widget that you can post on your own site (see below example)! The widget is responsive, all you need to do is remove the height attribute and change the width one in the code, it will try to scale the images to the correct ratio, clever.
Developers: Use this to signpost to the game page from your other online sites, and encourage your fans to do the same!
Gamers: Use this to show the list of games that you like most on IndieCity
Press: Use the links to have nicely linked images to the games that you are reviewing from IndieCity!
If you’ve got any feedback, please let us know via our support address or by posting here.
In other news, the Linux version of the client is coming along nicely. We should be able to launch it very soon, if you’ve got a linux game and haven’t had access to upload your game yet then get in touch with Hannah, who’ll be able to guide you through the process!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Visit the Store!
If you are a developer, we'd love to help you make the most from your games by releasing them on IndieCity!Some of the key features for developers are:
- Revenue share you get 75% standard, or 85% if you integrate with our achievements
- Your own domain get <developername>.indiecity.com as your public facing homepage
- Customisable developer pages giving you control over your presence on IndieCity
- Pricing you have complete control over the price you sell your product for
- Apps share useful tools you've created with the developer community
- Download client users can opt-in to have the download client automatically download demos that have been recommended to them, so they can spend less time looking for your game and more time playing!
If you'd like your game to be on our Store then please sign up at !