Weekly Roundup (starting 14th November)
Another slightly-delayed weekly update, I’m afraid. However I hope you can forgive us given the reason it’s been delayed which is that we’ve been working hard on pushing out a community-powered incentive-based drive to encourage developers to put their games up on IndieCity as soon as possible.
The details of that drive are available on our blog post about the scheme, but a brief rundown is that if you guys manage to get 100 games approved and on the Store by 31st December then you will all get a higher revenue share (90% if you’ve integrated with our achievements, 80% otherwise). This is just the first of three levels of challenge, the highest of which (500 games on the Store) will give developers who have integrated with our ICELib achievements the full 100% of their revenue (minus card fees and applicable taxes). We’re really excited about this drive and we hope that you guys are as well! I’ll be putting up a brief “questions about the scheme” post a little later today so if you have any questions please let us know!
In terms of updates, most of us have been working hard on getting this all prepared for you guys, but we’ve also been doing further testing on the payment side of things, and working on making the user experience for gamers as smooth as possible. It’s very exciting being this close to launch, and we should have more of an idea about exactly when we’ll be letting gamers onto the site properly next week.
And a couple of obligatory links!
Oh, and if you want to submit your ideas for goat names, you can do so using this handy Google form!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
Visit the Store!
If you are a developer, we'd love to help you make the most from your games by releasing them on IndieCity!Some of the key features for developers are:
- Revenue share you get 75% standard, or 85% if you integrate with our achievements
- Your own domain get <developername>.indiecity.com as your public facing homepage
- Customisable developer pages giving you control over your presence on IndieCity
- Pricing you have complete control over the price you sell your product for
- Apps share useful tools you've created with the developer community
- Download client users can opt-in to have the download client automatically download demos that have been recommended to them, so they can spend less time looking for your game and more time playing!
If you'd like your game to be on our Store then please sign up at !