Press Release 14th December 2011 | IndieCity Opens to the Public!
IndieCity.com is proud to announce that their Store is now open for all!
14 DECEMBER 2011. LEAMINGTON SPA, UK – IndieCity
IndieCity, the new one stop shop for indie games, is now fully open to everyone. With over 45 games already on the Store the developers on IndieCity are well on their way to hitting their Developer Challenge goal, and gamers already have plenty of choice, showing off the range of diversity and creativity that indie gaming has to offer.
One of the key features of IndieCity is its recommendations engine, taking the effort out of finding games, and letting gamers spend their time playing rather than hunting down the games they’ll love.
IndieCity provides a download client to manage the IndieCity games catalogue, while also allowing gamers to choose for free games and demos to be automatically downloaded ready for them to play. It also gives fantastic revenue shares to developers, with up to 85% going to them if they integrate with IndieCity’s SDK. A promotion currently being run can increase this revenue share even further, up to 90% if 100 games are on the Store by 31st December.
“It’s absolutely fantastic to now be open to the public” said Chris Swan, project lead for the team. “The fundamental reason for IndieCity existing was the lack of a single destination website that allowed gamers to explore the entire breadth of the indie gaming scene. So I’m already delighted that the variety of the games being sold, even in this early phase, fully backs up our beliefs”
Interested developers should go to http://developers.IndieCity.com to find out how they can add their games to the site, which normally takes less than 30 minutes. Gamers can start browsing the site and downloading games at http://IndieCity.com. The Developer Challenge can be found at http://developers.IndieCity.com/challenge.
For more information: contact Hannah Fordham on hfordham@IndieCity.com.
FOR PRESS ONLY: for further information on IndieCity.com, please contact Natalie Griffith, IndieCity’s press and marketing lead, on NGriffith@IndieCity.com.
To follow IndieCity on FB, go here: http://www.facebook.com/IndieCity
To follow IndieCity on Twitter, go here: http://twitter.com/IndieCity
To follow IndieCity on RSS, go here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/IndieCityBlog
IndieCity.com is a unique online marketplace committed to celebrating and supporting the indie gaming community at all levels, highlighting the creativity, the passion and the people. The site aims to create one integrated indie community that draws together developers, gamers and press to encourage the discovery, promotion and enjoyment of indie games of all shapes and sizes. http://IndieCity.com
- Press Release 17th December | IndieCity and Velocix Launch the Official Raspberry Pi Store!
- Press Release 29th June 2012 | Indie Meet-‘em-Up announced for Develop Brighton
- Press Release 28th June 2012 | IndieCity GameFactory
- Press Release 6th June 2012 | IndieCity Celebrates Global Indie Game Development
- Press Release 5th April 2012 | IndieCity opens doors to games in development!
- Press Release 21st March 2012 | IndieCity Throws Down the Gauntlet to Gamers!
- Press Release 7th February 2012 | IndieCity-Hosted Global Game Jam Site a Success!
- Press Release 26th January 2012 | IndieCity community drive 100 games to online store
- Press Release 24th January 2012 | IndieCity to Host Global Game Jam 2012 Site in Birmingham
- Press Release 25th Nov 2011 | Developer Challenge
- Press Release 20th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game screenshots!
- Press Release 14th December 2011 | IndieCity Opens to the Public!
- Press Release 19th December 2011 | IndieCity Developer Challenge Hits 50 Games!
- Press Release 13th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game videos!
- Press Release 7th Jun 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst press releases!
- Press Release 10th Feb 2011 | Indie workshops
Visit the Store!
If you are a developer, we'd love to help you make the most from your games by releasing them on IndieCity!Some of the key features for developers are:
- Revenue share you get 75% standard, or 85% if you integrate with our achievements
- Your own domain get <developername>.indiecity.com as your public facing homepage
- Customisable developer pages giving you control over your presence on IndieCity
- Pricing you have complete control over the price you sell your product for
- Apps share useful tools you've created with the developer community
- Download client users can opt-in to have the download client automatically download demos that have been recommended to them, so they can spend less time looking for your game and more time playing!
If you'd like your game to be on our Store then please sign up at !