Press Release 5th April 2012 | IndieCity opens doors to games in development!
IndieCity.com announces that its Underground area is now open for business!
5 APRIL 2012. LEAMINGTON SPA, UK – IndieCity
As part of its mission to become the one stop shop for all things indie gaming, IndieCity.com is launching its Underground area to allow developers to get early funding and feedback on their games while they are still being worked on. Selling games during development is often overlooked but has been successful for a number of indie developers, as it allows them to get a head start on marketing their game while also generating revenue for future development.
Indie developers will be able to place their in-progress games on the IndieCity Underground, so that gamers can try out these games early on, and provide feedback before launch.
“Launching the Underground should be a real shot in the arm for the indie development community,” said Chris Swan, Project Lead for IndieCity. “It allows them to start establishing an audience of gamer fans well in advance of the final release of their games, and to start earning an income during earlier stages of development.”
Underground games can also make use of the auto-update facility within the download client to prompt users when new releases are available.
Using the recommendation engine, gamers who opt in to the Underground will be shown relevant content giving developers access to more engaged users, using our in-built forums to build community content around their games.
For more information: contact Scott MacKintosh on SMacKintosh@IndieCity.com
FOR PRESS ONLY: for further information on IndieCity.com, please contact Natalie Griffith, IndieCity’s press and marketing lead, on NGriffith@IndieCity.com.
To follow IndieCity on FB, go here: http://www.facebook.com/IndieCity
To follow IndieCity on Twitter, go here: http://twitter.com/IndieCity_Devs
To follow IndieCity on RSS, go here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/IndieCityBlog
IndieCity.com is a unique online marketplace committed to celebrating and supporting the indie gaming community at all levels, highlighting the creativity, the passion and the people. The site aims to create one integrated indie community that draws together developers, gamers and press to encourage the discovery, promotion and enjoyment of indie games of all shapes and sizes. http://IndieCity.com
- Press Release 17th December | IndieCity and Velocix Launch the Official Raspberry Pi Store!
- Press Release 29th June 2012 | Indie Meet-‘em-Up announced for Develop Brighton
- Press Release 28th June 2012 | IndieCity GameFactory
- Press Release 6th June 2012 | IndieCity Celebrates Global Indie Game Development
- Press Release 5th April 2012 | IndieCity opens doors to games in development!
- Press Release 21st March 2012 | IndieCity Throws Down the Gauntlet to Gamers!
- Press Release 7th February 2012 | IndieCity-Hosted Global Game Jam Site a Success!
- Press Release 26th January 2012 | IndieCity community drive 100 games to online store
- Press Release 24th January 2012 | IndieCity to Host Global Game Jam 2012 Site in Birmingham
- Press Release 25th Nov 2011 | Developer Challenge
- Press Release 20th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game screenshots!
- Press Release 14th December 2011 | IndieCity Opens to the Public!
- Press Release 19th December 2011 | IndieCity Developer Challenge Hits 50 Games!
- Press Release 13th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game videos!
- Press Release 7th Jun 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst press releases!
- Press Release 10th Feb 2011 | Indie workshops
Visit the Store!
If you are a developer, we'd love to help you make the most from your games by releasing them on IndieCity!Some of the key features for developers are:
- Revenue share you get 75% standard, or 85% if you integrate with our achievements
- Your own domain get <developername>.indiecity.com as your public facing homepage
- Customisable developer pages giving you control over your presence on IndieCity
- Pricing you have complete control over the price you sell your product for
- Apps share useful tools you've created with the developer community
- Download client users can opt-in to have the download client automatically download demos that have been recommended to them, so they can spend less time looking for your game and more time playing!
If you'd like your game to be on our Store then please sign up at !