Press Release 6th June 2012 | IndieCity Celebrates Global Indie Game Development
6 June 2012 LEAMINGTON SPA, UK
As part of its ongoing mission to support and celebrate the indie gaming community, IndieCity is proud to announce the launch of the Singapore Game Box IndieCity Competition 2012, in partnership with Singapore’s Cybersports & Online Gaming Association (SCOGA), and supported by the Media Development Authority (MDA) of Singapore.
The competition hosted exclusively by IndieCity, which runs from 6th June to 6th July 2012, will invite participants to play four specially selected games, Call of Hens, Sarah Ghost: The Sewer Defenders, Deep Quest and Armor Valley, all made by developers in Singapore and available for free download at http://www.indiecity.com.
Two players will be selected to receive an all-expense paid trip to Singapore to compete in the Singapore Grand Finals held in December 2012, where the three top players stand to win up to US$2,300 in prizes.
Mr Thomas Lim, Director of Interactive Media, Games and Publishing, MDA said: “We are pleased to support SCOGA’s effort in partnering with IndieCity to organise the inaugural Singapore Game Box IndieCity Competition 2012. Through the competition, we aim to introduce Singapore games to the international gaming community. To further increase awareness of Singapore games, we are also launching the Singapore Game Box portal today, the first ever portal dedicated to Singapore games.”
IndieCity Project Lead Chris Swan: ‘IndieCity has always been focused on promoting indie development, as well as building and supporting a community. We’ve always believed that it’s important this should happen not just on a local scale, but globally as well. The Singapore Game Box competition not only highlights the creativity and the passion of Singapore-based developers, but proves that IndieCity is a global portal which can bring together gamers and developers from across the world.”
Visit http://www.indiecity.com to download the games and take part in the Singapore Game Box IndieCity Competition 2012. Winners will be announced on the IndieCity website and blog.
For more information: contact Scott MacKintosh on smackintosh@IndieCity.com.
FOR PRESS ONLY: for further information on IndieCity.com, please contact Natalie Griffith, IndieCity’s press and marketing lead, on NGriffith@IndieCity.com.
To follow IndieCity on FB, go here: http://www.facebook.com/IndieCity
To follow IndieCity on Twitter, go here: http://twitter.com/IndieCity_Devs
To follow IndieCity on RSS, go here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/IndieCityBlog
IndieCity.com is a unique online marketplace committed to celebrating and supporting the indie gaming community at all levels, highlighting the creativity, the passion and the people. The site aims to create one integrated indie community that draws together developers, gamers and press to encourage the discovery, promotion and enjoyment of indie games of all shapes and sizes. http://IndieCity.com
About Singapore’s Cybersports & Online Gaming Association (SCOGA)
SCOGA was founded by a group of enthusiastic gamers and leaders who wanted to make a difference in the local gaming scene, especially in promoting Cybersports, or more commonly known as eSports. Today, our initiatives include cyberwellness and digital literacy programmes and we have worked with various government bodies, industry players, media, schools, gamers, parents and voluntary welfare organizations. SCOGA was formally registered with the Registry of Societies on February 2008 and we are honoured to have the patron of Singapore National Olympic Council, Dr Yeo Ning Hong as our patron. For more information, visit www.scoga.org.
- Press Release 17th December | IndieCity and Velocix Launch the Official Raspberry Pi Store!
- Press Release 29th June 2012 | Indie Meet-‘em-Up announced for Develop Brighton
- Press Release 28th June 2012 | IndieCity GameFactory
- Press Release 6th June 2012 | IndieCity Celebrates Global Indie Game Development
- Press Release 5th April 2012 | IndieCity opens doors to games in development!
- Press Release 21st March 2012 | IndieCity Throws Down the Gauntlet to Gamers!
- Press Release 7th February 2012 | IndieCity-Hosted Global Game Jam Site a Success!
- Press Release 26th January 2012 | IndieCity community drive 100 games to online store
- Press Release 24th January 2012 | IndieCity to Host Global Game Jam 2012 Site in Birmingham
- Press Release 25th Nov 2011 | Developer Challenge
- Press Release 20th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game screenshots!
- Press Release 14th December 2011 | IndieCity Opens to the Public!
- Press Release 19th December 2011 | IndieCity Developer Challenge Hits 50 Games!
- Press Release 13th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game videos!
- Press Release 7th Jun 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst press releases!
- Press Release 10th Feb 2011 | Indie workshops
Visit the Store!
If you are a developer, we'd love to help you make the most from your games by releasing them on IndieCity!Some of the key features for developers are:
- Revenue share you get 75% standard, or 85% if you integrate with our achievements
- Your own domain get <developername>.indiecity.com as your public facing homepage
- Customisable developer pages giving you control over your presence on IndieCity
- Pricing you have complete control over the price you sell your product for
- Apps share useful tools you've created with the developer community
- Download client users can opt-in to have the download client automatically download demos that have been recommended to them, so they can spend less time looking for your game and more time playing!
If you'd like your game to be on our Store then please sign up at !