Press Release 29th June 2012 | Indie Meet-‘em-Up announced for Develop Brighton
2012 Jun 27 LEAMINGTON SPA, UK I IndieCity, in partnership media law firm Sheridans, is pleased to announce the Indie Meet-‘em-Up event, to be held during the Develop in Brighton conference.
The event is designed to give indie developers the opportunity to pick the brains of experts from the games press, event organisation, marketing, and legal fields, as well as the chance to meet and network with other game developers.
The free event, sponsored by AudioMotion and Autodesk, will be held from 7pm on Wednesday 11th July at the Fortune of War, the oldest seafront pub in Brighton, just a stone’s throw away from the Develop conference site.
In order to attend the Indie Meet-‘em-Up, participants must register on the Eventbrite page: http://indiemeetemup.eventbrite.com/.
“The issues involved in successful indie game development can be incredibly daunting for some, “says IndieCity Project Lead Chris Swan. “Liaising with press, sorting out marketing, dealing with legal and contractual issues, not to mention the everyday difficulties of actually developing a game! We want to make tapping into the knowledge and expertise of those in the know as easy and fun as possible, and think that hosting this event is the perfect way to achieve that.”
Confirmed experts to date include:
- Keith Stuart, lead games correspondent for the Guardian, contributor to Edge and Official PlayStation magazine and co-founder of downloadable gaming site, Hookshot Inc.
- Paul Taylor from Mode 7 Games, one of the team behind the award-winning Frozen Synapse.
- Dan Marshall from BAFTA-winning studio Size Five Games, makers of Ben There, Dan That.
- Brian Baglow, indie games marketing expert, pioneer and style icon.
- David Hayward, indie events genius, organiser of Bit of Alright game conference, Indie Games Arcade at Eurogamer Expo and the indie games area at Rezzed.
- Alex Chapman, leading games lawyer specialising in developers and IP.
- Alex Tutty, intellectual property lawyer who focuses on advising indie developers.
- Plus more to be announced!
Free drinks tokens, redeemable at the bar, will be handed out by the experts in reward for striking up a conversation and asking questions of them. There will also be one free drink upon entry.
Sheridans have hosted events during previous Develop conferences, as Alex Chapman, Head of Interactive at Sheridans explains: “We know from prior experience that creating a place for developers to meet up together is always well received; add to that a great venue, free drinks and the opportunity to get free, impartial and practical advice from not just one but a whole host of experts and we’ve got the makings of an absolutely fantastic evening.”
The event kicks off at 7pm on Wednesday 11th July at the Fortune of war pub on Brighton’s seafront. For more information and to sign up visit the Meet-‘em-up Eventbrite page: http://indiemeetemup.eventbrite.com/
IndieCity.com is a unique online marketplace committed to celebrating and supporting the indie gaming community at all levels, highlighting the creativity, the passion and the people. The site aims to create one integrated indie community that draws together developers, gamers and press to encourage the discovery, promotion and enjoyment of indie games of all shapes and sizes. http://IndieCity.com
Sheridans is a leading media law firm whose lawyers combine the in-depth legal knowledge and breadth of expertise and experience required to give unparalleled advice to their clients. The team at Sheridans advises on all legal issues in the games world and specialises in advising developers http://www.sheridans.co.uk/sectors/computer-games.aspx#
- Press Release 17th December | IndieCity and Velocix Launch the Official Raspberry Pi Store!
- Press Release 29th June 2012 | Indie Meet-‘em-Up announced for Develop Brighton
- Press Release 28th June 2012 | IndieCity GameFactory
- Press Release 6th June 2012 | IndieCity Celebrates Global Indie Game Development
- Press Release 5th April 2012 | IndieCity opens doors to games in development!
- Press Release 21st March 2012 | IndieCity Throws Down the Gauntlet to Gamers!
- Press Release 7th February 2012 | IndieCity-Hosted Global Game Jam Site a Success!
- Press Release 26th January 2012 | IndieCity community drive 100 games to online store
- Press Release 24th January 2012 | IndieCity to Host Global Game Jam 2012 Site in Birmingham
- Press Release 25th Nov 2011 | Developer Challenge
- Press Release 20th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game screenshots!
- Press Release 14th December 2011 | IndieCity Opens to the Public!
- Press Release 19th December 2011 | IndieCity Developer Challenge Hits 50 Games!
- Press Release 13th July 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst indie game videos!
- Press Release 7th Jun 2011 | Wanted! The world’s worst press releases!
- Press Release 10th Feb 2011 | Indie workshops
Visit the Store!
If you are a developer, we'd love to help you make the most from your games by releasing them on IndieCity!Some of the key features for developers are:
- Revenue share you get 75% standard, or 85% if you integrate with our achievements
- Your own domain get <developername>.indiecity.com as your public facing homepage
- Customisable developer pages giving you control over your presence on IndieCity
- Pricing you have complete control over the price you sell your product for
- Apps share useful tools you've created with the developer community
- Download client users can opt-in to have the download client automatically download demos that have been recommended to them, so they can spend less time looking for your game and more time playing!
If you'd like your game to be on our Store then please sign up at !